Thursday, January 13, 2011

How Do I Love Thee?

   A few very close to me are talking about plants. One is a gardener and is preparing to plant seedlings in her home and the other wants to be an apprentice gardener. So I am asking myself  "How do I love thee, plants, my dear?"  I only have 3 plants in my house. I have had others but I stopped watering them when I became too into myself.
This one is a plant I gave to both myself and a dear friend, who shall remain nameless. Hers died but mine is okay, even though I just started watering it again.Hmmmm....
This was once a thriving African Violet with little white flowers. I cared for it very well until I stopped. I have cut it way back and look, there are new leaves coming in. God does have a hand in all things. 

Theses two plants are being watched over by Walter the Gnome who does not seem to have a believing expression on his face.
Most of my plants, well two out of three, are next to this lovely painting by Donna Romero. The splendor of this painting dictates lush beautiful plants, right?
Here is the plant corner. One, two, three? Truth be told the middle one is fake. It is there for symmetry. So, if my actions speak the truth I must say I don't love plants, but I like the way they look. Loving plants would require being conscious of their existence and willing to serve them. I carry with me a saying "You love what you serve and you serve what you love." That goes for all living things including humans. I am only on the floor level when it comes to being conscious of all living things. I have a ways to go but hopefully miles before I sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?