Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Needed More Floor Time

   Yesterday would have been better if I had gone to Jen's for Yoga. I needed more breath to survive the day.
It started at 4am when I took a shower and then rushed off at 4:50 to catch a 5:20 boat. My monthly Stake Seminary Faculty Meeting, at 6am, encouraged me to get back to basics. Basics #1 do yoga every day. After the meeting I toodled over to Trader Joe's where I sat at Starbuck's with my hot chocolate waiting for Joe's to open at 8am.
   Then off to visit my son's family. The kids were happy for me to read to them. I love brushing my fingers through my grandson's curly hair.We prepared to make a visit to a neighborhood care facility where my daughter-in-law and kids go every Monday to play with the patients in the meeting room. The room is lovely with huge windows and a great grand piano. I brought some instruments and we had a play along. A few patients are able to hold things and sing with us.We sing children's songs and watch the grandkids dance and play.
    We went home for lunch and the kids insisted we do some games. "What is missing" is a favorite. Find 8-10 objects, place them in front of you, choose someone to go first, everyone else close eyes, remove one object, open eyes and guess WHAT IS MISSING?
    On the way back home I upgraded my cell phone so in the ferry line I was learning to use a new phone. I hope I am not like my sister-in-law and mail my to do list to an unsuspecting caller.
   Got home, started a fire, and taught piano lessons until 6pm when I noticed my shoulders were even with my ears. Too much, too much, wo is me.
   My Pilates class is today and she will release those shoulders for me. I will introduce you to my Pilates teacher tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?