Wednesday, January 26, 2011

School For a Day

I had my grandchildren for a morning this week and it brought back lots of good memories. I put them in the van and told them we were going to the B Road School. We had gathering time first with an inspirational thought, about getting along, and sang a song and started with prayer.Then off to do math at the table.
This is what life looked like for many years when my children homeschooled.
The younger ones may not have been doing work in books but they were there also working. of course, every day was not great. We rebelled, and complained but there moments of being united in the task of learning.
There is nothing more satisfying then seeing a child fully engrossed in a project. I am glad I was allowed to witness so many ah, hah moments with my own little brood.
She was with her mom but I had to throw this one in, too. I truly am blessed to have grandchildren. I am so relieved to find that they love me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?