Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feeling Low

Today is day two of a head cold. Feeling low means everything seems really huge to accomplish. That is when reading a good book becomes the way to escape. I have a few good reads on my night stand. Some of them I received from Jenny at "Books By The Way".
The day I surprised Jenny by showing up and asking to take pictures she must have felt like I do, today. I totally understand her wanting to hide behind "The Poser" by Claire Dederer. But trust me, Jenny is not a poser, she is the real thing. Coming into her store means I have a chance at a great conversation and a safe place to rest. She recommended "The Poser" to me and I fully enjoyed it. Since I do yoga I liked reading about Claire's view that doing yoga helped her focus on what is real and true in her life's story. She is coming to read this Saturday at Cafe Luna, right next door to the bookstore.
There are some great recommendations on her table and shelves.
The kid's section is inviting and I think Jenny has read them all with her children. Do you need a valentine for Monday? Find a book for the one's you love.
Cynthia Rylant is one of my favorite writers for children.
Well, sniff, sniff, I really should get back on the couch. Achoo! Excuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?