Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My First Piano Adventures 9

Last week as I called to cancel piano lessons, I got A. on the phone. "I am sick today, so I won't be able to do our piano lesson.".
" That's okay, I didn't really want to come because I need to go rollerblading. I'm getting pretty good, you know."
Well, I was glad to accommodate someone. While I was beating back the sickness blues I thought I would like to encourage my students to spend some time at musiclearningcommunity.com
You can practice learning the piano keys there.
This is the homepage. Click on Member Log-in at the left.
Here is where you need a user name and password. All of you have received that for at least one of your students.
Here are the first games. Letterfly 1,2,3, are perfect for reviewing the key names.
Winning the game once is not the same as practicing the game. Encourage your child to play more than once. They may say, "But I beat the game!" So challenge them to get a higher score each time.
I 'll give them all a little quiz this week to see if they are secure with this skill. See you soon and call if you need assistance with this Internet site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?