Thursday, March 10, 2011

Our Music Store (Across From Thriftway)

We are so lucky to have a music store in our small town. Karen reaches out to all types of musicians and all genres of music. I go there to pick up piano books for myself and my students.
Here is the Piano Adventures stash. If she doesn't have it she will order it for you.
She is stocking my books for younger students, My First Piano Adventures. I so appreciate knowing that if a students loses a book it can be replaced easily.
There is more here than music books. I collect rhythm instruments for music and movement classes. Karen first introduced me to Boomwhackers.
They are plastic tubes cut to certain lengths to create pitches of the scale. I use them in group lessons and we play songs with colored paper as music scores.
Do you want to try ukulele?
Or guitar? Do you need new strings for your instrument? How about a metronome?
Be sure to come visit whatever your interest. Karen loves music and is such fun to talk to. It reminds me of my local music store when I was young. I spent all my babysitting money on sheetmusic. My piano teacher would cringe when I brought the latest hit to lessons. The rhythm was always hard to count and I improvised most of it, but it kept me playing the piano and I am so glad I did. I have never heard anyone say, "I am so unhappy that my parents made me stay with my instrument". I sure have heard the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?