Friday, April 29, 2011

One Week From Germany

I'll be meeting up with my new grandson, Ian, soon. He is making his debut in Germany, the country of my birth. His long-suffering mother, the MamaDaughter, is impatient to bring him into the world. I will be going to a little town in the woods of the Rhine-Land.
How typical is this shot with the church steeple and red roofs.
 I hear that the down town is walking distance from the apartment so I'll be taking the little munchkins on walks to town.
I haven't seen this little sprite for a whole year. She has grown up so much.
And this little guy was just 9 months old the last time I gave him a squeeze.
I don't look forward to the traveling part but I do want to visit and get to know where the family is living. I have been to Germany once before in 1998. I visited with my aunt, who I had never seen, my cousin, and had many overwhelming experiences. It will take a few hours to get into the German language but I think I will do all right, thanks to my immigrant parents who talked German to me growing up. My mother and father would be amazed that a great-grandson is being born in the Father Land. Life is funny like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?