Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The 2011 Spring Concert

The concert my brother and I put together was wonderful. All the practicing, rehearsing, and planning was worth it. The feeling with the audience was intimate and warm. The crowd was small so we allowed ourselves time to talk about the pieces presented.
Miss M sang "Dream a Dream".

Her voice was sweet and rang clear and true. Her Dad, the Piano Man accompanied her and supported her voice.




Two of my piano students played and I appreciated their willingness to share their talents.
Kim, my friend, had the opportunity to give voice to her current favorite song and she pulled it off flawlessly. "Without You" we could not have reached the heights we did.

Elizabeth Nye and Marita Ericksen favored us with duets with gorgeous harmony. How lucky for us to have them on our program.
The Piano Man played for half the singers and then he took off his tie to get down and sing some country. Woo Hoo, you did good!
My brother joined Chuck Irish to act out the parts of Huckelberry Finn and Big Jim as they sang
World's Apart.
I loved the straw hat!

Speaking of my brother, I really enjoyed my time with them. That would be including my friend, the sister-in-law,

When the Bro. sang "The Man You Love" I knew that he really did find a woman to love with all his might. My sister-in-law is still crazy for this guy she married 42 years ago. They inspired me with their vibrant relationship.
One of the most fun pieces of music was Chattanooga Choo-Choo.
We did it with panache1
To end the evening Ingo and I sang my song, "Windows and Mirrors". We ended the last concert in 1996 with that song and I really felt the presence of my mother. She approved.
Thank-you to Ingo and Kathy for the gorgeous bouquet of flowers.
I have more videos of the evening on my u-tube channel. Just type in gburgesssongs and enjoy. Yes, there are really 3 s's in that word.
http://www.youtube.com/videos?feature=mh

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a wonderful concert full of both new memories to be made and past times remembered!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?