Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yoga Outside

Do you remember Summer last Saturday? The sun warmed the ground by 6:30 am. I had to try my yoga practice outside. I grabbed a board and found a level spot.  
It was quiet with the songs of birds calling and answering. It took awhile to "to go inside" because the world around me begged for attention. The air smelled warm like dirt and flower scent combined. My muscles relaxed with the heat I had been longing for.
I said "hello" to the sun and to the earth.
Sun Salutations took on more meaning. The flow of movement made me part of the natural breeze of living things. "Hello toes, I'm coming to meet you."
I have the perfect spot in my back yard. No cars driving by and no inside distractions. It was divine, but alas today it is dreary again and I can only remember.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, new to your blog. I noticed your like music. I have a music blog, you are welcome to stop by.

    www.notesaboutmusicnotes.blogpost.com

    Lesa

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?