Thursday, July 7, 2011

Jumping Up and Down to Learn More

Jumping on a trampoline is just plain fun. Learning and fun go together when we jump to learn. 

I have been reviewing notes while jumping this week. The motion has been proven to enhance learning. I start with setting a steady jumping beat, 1-2-3-4- then move a black note disk around the staff. My students say the note on the beat. 

Along with note reading practice, the steady bouncing strengthens my students sense of beat. So who has a trampoline around? 
Here is an update on our Ice-Cream Challenge.

Look how the scoops are stacking up. I have seen better practicing this summer than ever before.Keep up the great playing,

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the trampoline idea!! What fun :) It would definitely be great for the 'wigglers' in my studio.

    I'm also excited to see your ice-cream challenge progress! I'm seeing great results in my studio as well. It's amazing what a big difference such a little incentive can make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you, Sarah. I like your ideas and especially when they work for me as we..

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?