Thursday, July 28, 2011

What Yoga Has Ruined For Me

I read a post by a blogger who writes about her yoga practice (Grounding Through The Sit Bones). She had an interesting premise. She recounted the things Yoga had ruined for her. What a turned around idea.   It made me think.
Here are some things that Yoga has ruined for me.
1. I can't buy shoes for looks anymore After feeling the earth under my feet and learning to interlace my fingers through my toes, I can not force them into shoes of torture.

2. I can't use the excuse that I am naturally clumsy. Yoga has increased my awareness of balance and helped me sense where I am in the space around me. Balance becomes more important the older I get. Balance originates in the core of the body and if the muscles surrounding our body are toned and working, balance is possible.
3. Yoga has ruined my excuse that my back hurts. I know how to alleviate back soreness and if  I experience some and I don't take care of it, my complaining is disingenuous.
     So, it is back on the floor again for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?