Saturday, November 12, 2011

Book of Mormon Sunday II- 1 Nephi 8-14

     Again, I am reading the Book of Mormon this time around with the intent of looking for evidence of the strengthening power of the Atonement  in the lives of the people.
 1 Nephi 10:19 "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round."
  The strengthening power of the Holy Ghost has been available to those who seek the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout time. Whether it is the Gift of the Holy Ghost or the power of the Holy Ghost, this power is possible through the mercy of the Atonement.
   I Nephi 11:30 "And it came to pass that the angel spake unto me again, saying: Look! And I looked, and I beheld the heavens open again, and I saw angels descending upon the children of men; and they did minister unto them." 
  This passage was spoken by the angel who tutored Nephi as he was given his father's dream. Nephi saw the Savior's time on earth and he sees heavenly beings, like himself, sent to men on earth to strengthen and support them in their path back to God. 

    I Nephi 13:18 "And I beheld that the power of God was with them, and also that the wrath of God was upon all those that were gathered together against them to battle. 
  Here is power given to Gentiles to set in motion the promised gift of restoration. His strength brings to pass the prophecies made ages ago.
   I Nephi 13:34.."I will be merciful unto the Gentiles in that day, insomuch that I will bring forth unto them, in mine own power, much of my gospel, which shall be plain and precious, saith the Lamb."
   What a blessing to all people, the setting in motion to bring forth the Book of Mormon is a momentous miracle. The root of which is Nephi.
  I Nephi 14:1 And it shall come to pass, that if the Gentiles shall hearken unto the Lamb of God in that day that he shall manifest himself unto them in word, and also in power, in very deed, unto the taking away of their stumbling blocks --
  
  What a precious fruit, this love of God, shed upon the the inhabitants of the earth. I wish we could all taste of it and as Lehi, offer it to all who we love.
    I Nephi 14:14 "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory."
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?