Saturday, June 23, 2012

Morning Lines #3

                                               Trainer Tip: Always weigh with bear feet-


Earthling by Billy Collins

You have probably come across 
those scales at planetariums
that tell you how much you 
would weigh on other planets.

As a creature of average weight,
I fail to see the attraction.

Imagine squatting in the wasteland
of Pluto, all five tons of you,
or wandering around Mercury
wondering what to do next with your 
ounce.

How much better to step onto
the simple bathroom scale,
a happy earthling feeling
the familiar ropes of gravity.


2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your lines! Doesn't Billy always come through? I think online lines are a great idea!
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not have found Mr. Collins without you, well maybe, but not likely. The idea of morning lines has made the books on my shelves dance. "Pick me, pick me!"

      Delete

What do you think?