Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Morning Lines #11- Flowers For Everyday

I have a flower shop in my town where recently I have become a customer. Buying flowers is an acquired habit, if you can count two times a habit. In the past I have occasionally purchased a bouquet at the grocery store, but now I am looking at the flowers in big silver buckets as props to set a stage. I pick them one by one, in a hue that speaks to me and they wrap them up for me to arrange when I get home. The stage is my attitude and the show takes place in my mind.


This week the show is featuring daisies, "the friendly flowers", and in a supporting role a small bunch... of roses. 


"At my feet the white petaled daisies display
the small suns of their center-piece-their hearts. Of course
I could be wrong, perhaps their hearts are pale and
narrow and hidden in the roots. What do I know.
But this: it is heaven itself to take what is given,
to see what is plain; what the sun
lights up willingly…" 
Mary Oliver


                                   Could I be as whole-hearted as this open gerber daisy?









1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful! I actually pulled my camera out at Lowes garden center today so I could shoot one of these huge gerber daisies like the one you have here....they are so big!! Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?