Friday, July 27, 2012

Morning Lines #17- Pooh On The Mat

    Winnie the Pooh has coached me through the enjoyment of jumping, why bicycling is so fun, and now he has joined me on the mat.


   I was anxious to teach him how much he could achieve if he tried Yoga. First we warmed up our leg muscles, stretching and reaching.


    Then on to down dog, which incidentally, he didn't quite get or enjoy as he enjoys putting his nose in the air rather than close to the ground.


    The truth of the matter is, I learned more from Pooh than he did from me. First of all, he reminded me  that it was a beautiful day.


                             And that the sky was an unusual blue without a cloud to see for miles.

      
"What are you doing today?'
   "I'm doing something important."
"Oh, doing what?'
"Listening,"he said.
  "Listening to what?"


"To the birds. And that squirrel over there."
"What are they saying?"
"Oh, that it is a nice day," said Pooh.
"But you know that already," I said.



                 "Yes, but it is always good to hear that somebody else thinks so, too," he replied,"

                                        You are so wise, Pooh. You always keep me centered.


                                And by the way, his favorite asana was relaxation pose.


1 comment:

  1. What a great yoga companion!
    I would like the relaxation pose best, too.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?