Monday, July 16, 2012

Twenty- Five Pounds is Hard to Carry

    Right on schedule, at 5 pounds a month, I have arrived at another milestone. I still can't quite trust that my plan is going to work but so far my body is changing as the plan said it would.


  When I get to forty pounds I shall do some maintenance time and figure out just what my body can handle, as in how much exercise does it need and how many calories are just right. Change is the one things I can count on. In just a week on the bicycle I am going farther to get the 30 minutes I set for myself. That has always bothered me. The body demands more exercise as it becomes fit, much more than the mind wants to deal with. I remember watching a ballet open class at Pacific Northwest Ballet. A principal ballerina was at the bar with others who were just doing an evening class. I asked my daughter why she had to take a class in the evening. She enlightened me by telling me that even the top dancers take class every day to keep their bodies in shape. They never arrive at the place where they are finished working.


   I anticipate when I reach my goal weight that more adjustments will be made. Andie Mitchell has some great analogies about the maintenance period.

   "Thinness is like Ikea furniture. Looks great in the showroom, but you have to get it home and assemble it yourself. Most times it doesn’t look quite like you’d hoped."



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?