Sunday, August 19, 2012

Renewing the Connecting Bonds

  Whenever I go back to my home town I know I will want to see as many family members as possible, but time limits all interactions and I am sad about that. With four generations to visit, where do you meet? My idea was to see a new installation in the big city. Basically we went to the mall. This one is quite unique.
  Called City Creek, the city planners unearthed a creek that runs through city center and made it the focus of the architecture.


  A removable cover allows the mall to feel like open air but yet have a moderate climate.


                 Beautiful window etchings allow peaks at the real focus of the city, Temple Square.


   My favorite views were of course were my wonderful family, which braved the 96 degree weather to be together.




I was especially aware of the four generations in my brother's family. He has some beauties in his nest.


                                           It seemed we were mostly women and girlie girls at that.


4 comments:

  1. City Creek sounds amazing...with a lot of thought given to the external parts of the city. What happy times and memories you will have on this wonderful trip surrounded by family. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Did you change your background? I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good to see you! Glad you were able to make a stop at our neck of the woods! It was fun

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?