Saturday, September 22, 2012

On Being Creative

My daughter brought home a bunch of garlic and left it on the kitchen table. Not knowing what she had planned for these bulbs I grabbed a vase and plopped them inside. Stepping back I thought how marvelous they looked as a harvest bouquet. 

 
   I have a nature theme going on my fireplace mantel and they fit right in. The older I get the more I trust my eye and I find that I appreciate my own creativity. I remember wanting others to validate that I was artistic and I copied more than created. The time has come for me to turn off the "others" and enjoy what I see. I have no need to be cool, just inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and continue to follow your own path of creativity. Good for you. As soon as I saw the photo of your garlic bouquet I thought it was brilliant -- very creative.
    I have a photo somewhere (I should look it up and post it) where I took a few bars of homemade soap I bought and put it on display in a pretty plate. I had a few people who thought I had set out some big chunks of fudge! I just loved how it looked. :)
    www.dianeschuller.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?