Monday, September 10, 2012

Stopping By Another Pre-School

   Still in the back to school mode, my friend Jen is another Mom who is a professional teacher. A mom of two, she also runs a pre-school. For a mom to have enough energy to welcome more children into her home it requires organization, a great space, and good help. All of these a present in Jen's school. I especially like her three dimensional displays.

 
                      The owls sit on gnarly branches and draw the eye to their colorful bodies.


                   The dinosaurs are prancing around the wall space looking as if they could leap off while the ferry boat is ready to take on passengers


              "In my pretty garden the flowers are nodding." Do you know that song? I used to think the words were "the flowers are naughty".  Not so, and in the school room they are nodding and invited children upward.

 
 Every child's space needs a place to read and doesn't this corner look cozy? Hop on and grab a book in the basket.


   Jen has divided her spaces so that activities stay in a certain area. I see some dinosaur books I'd like to read.

 
    If you want to create a window into another world, hang some curtains and have a great photograph or painting to travel into. It can be changed with the seasons or theme.


     Every class needs some place to cook and eat. Those are always spaces I gravitate to. I know the children look at their pictures above the dishes all the time.


     When Jen was planning her house, the school was part of the package and I am so happy that she was able to create this wonderful space for so many children. Do I hear love and laughter?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?