Tuesday, September 11, 2012

True To The Faith Tuesday

     Good devotionals in seminary are hard to come by. I want to improve the 10 minutes we use to come together and invite the spirit of the Lord. During a recent Seminary Symposium seminary teachers discussed how they handle their devotionals. Some give the students responsibility to choose a hymn, prepare a scripture and offer prayer. Others direct what the thought or scripture comes from. An idea I liked is choosing Tuesdays as True To The Faith. At the beginning of the class I handed each student a book and asked that they choose a topic to share. They responded positively and as we work in this little book every week it could round out our doctrinal knowledge.


    True to the Faith is like an encyclopedia of doctrinal topics. The entries are simple and concise.


                      On Fridays I am going to use For the Strength of Youth Pamplets. This gives me three days a week to offer my students choices to find scriptures or thoughts of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?