Sunday, September 9, 2012

While I Was Reading Sunday

   Every Sunday for almost two years I have written something about my study of the Book of Mormon. This recording of my thoughts has been most fruitful as it has cemented in my mind the important truths of this book. Today I start a new Sunday subject. I am calling it "While I Was Reading" and it will be a chance for me to record thoughts and insights I had while I was reading the scriptures.



   Alma 34:31" Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer; for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore, if ye will repent and harden not your hearts, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you. For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors."

   Just as the world is bathed in light immediately as the sun comes over the horizon, so are we bathed in the light of the Christ, immediately, as we change direction and go towards Him. There is no waiting period, no spiritual learning permit to see if we are sincere, we are given light right now because now matters. It is in the moment that we receive His love and know that He is God. 

1 comment:

  1. I know our 'books' are slightly different...however I am reading Exodus right now and how over time Pharoah's heart became harder and harder in response to listening to and believing God that eventually there was no turning towards him anymore...his heart was too hardened. It is true...His light is available to us at no cost and now is the time to turn towards it for our lives are so blessed having His light guide us.

    I used to have a Christian blog many years ago where I did similar posts on Sundays. I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?