Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Birthday Memory

  Today is my birthday and I have been remembering. I have one more year until I reach the sixties. That opens a brand new decade with a hope for a happy, working life. I have been remembering 25 years ago when I first moved to this town. We came because our friends paved the way by moving here first and enticing us to follow. Here is the story………..


    This first  house had some beautiful amenities which I may not have totally appreciated. I remember my birthday and my daughter's third, they are 4 days apart, in this house. We were very happy.


                            I think back on the blessings we received while living under this roof.


    It is a house that has aged well and right now we have friends who happen to be renting there. On a recent visit, I took a few pictures to remind me of a few things.




  •      The lovely fall foliage 
  •      The front view which looks down on the house
  •      The wrap around porch
  •      The lovely wood front door
  •      The back porch swing
                                                 These memories are well preserved by loving hands.





             
    Did I mention the water view? You can see it in the reflection of the window.  I am happy for all the homes where we lived our messy, imperfect, but joy filled lives.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, island friend who once lived in our very house! sooooooo funny to see pictures of my house on your little bloggie. i do love it and wonder if you ever heard the funny noises in this house.....the knocks, like some unseen hand rapping at the windows and doors...and the thunks and thumps and bumps? i'm wondering if our resident ghost at our old house managed to pack himself away in something and decided he liked this house as well as we do and decided to stay. lots of strange and mysterious halloweeny, thumping and thunking going on over here. even with deaf ears i can hear it. i love it...don't get me wrong. it sets my spine tingling sometimes when i heard the rapping right behind me. i hope your entire day is filled with fun and celebration. i also hope you can find some time to spoil yourself just a bit....after all, this is the last of your 50's....live it up girlie. may every birthday-candle wish come true for you this year. and you can wander around my house any time you like. any time.

    i love you. wishing you beautiful october dreams.

    jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few little ghostie's living here, too. They are my fridge but the grandkids are sure they are ghosts. Whooo!

      Delete
  2. A very Happy Birthday to you!! May this day and the year ahead be filled with more joyful times to be remembered years from now. I love all the things you showed us in these images. I just turned 60 two weeks ago. It does make a person think back.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?