Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Collecting Pottery

   I am surrounded by talented artists of every kind and I like to collect pieces that make me happy. Liz Lewis, a local potter, makes dishes we love to use. We have small bowls, a big bowl, and this last birthday my daughter gifted me with plates with round edges and a little teapot. I love them!




                     It is amazing to me how a lump of clay can become a vibrant, colorful bowl.


                       Those hands have a touch and the clay molds to become what she desires.


   During December, Liz opens her studio and I visit with the intention to buy something new for my cupboards. I think I will add to my rounded plates and make it a set of four.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely see why you love those -- they're so colourful and I love how cheerful they make me feel. I too have a real weakness for pottery -- I have a hard time not buying pottery (I've got so much of it now). I bought a single mug two weeks ago because I absolutely could not pass it up! (from Diane Jarvis-Schuller)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?