Monday, January 14, 2013

Come Follow Me

           How does the Savior show us our final destination? He gives inspired prophets the roadmap.


              Moses was given the template of our way home. It testified of all the Savior would do.


  "He marked the path and led the way, and every point defines to light and life, and endless day, where God's full presence shines." 

  The book of John demonstrates his pathway home.


He was the sacrifice on the altar-
John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

He was baptized to show us how to become clean-
John 1:28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

He was the shewbread on the table-
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

He was the light of the candlestick-
John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

His prayer in Gethsemane was the petition of the our pure and innocent High Priest for his people-
John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

At his death the veil was rent and He ascended back to his father-
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

"Come follow me, the Savior said. And let us in his footsteps tread. For thus alone can we be one with God's own loved, begotten Son."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?