Saturday, January 19, 2013

Inversion



In yoga an inversion brings many health benefits to the body. For a few seconds the heart works less, the organs are cleansed, and in general the cells have a sauna.


   In music, a chord may be inverted to keep the key in tack but change up the sounds to a higher or lower pitch.  This gives lift and renewal to the same sounds.
  In life, things get turned upside down quite often and the result can be invigorating or disorienting. We never know if our day will go the way we planned.

"I believe I will never quite know.
Though I play at the edges of knowing,
truly I know
our part is not knowing
but looking, and touching, and loving,
which is the way I walked on,
softly,
through the pale-pink morning light."
Mary Oliver 

1 comment:

  1. what perfect metaphors for life and yes, great to see you too also enjoy Mary Oliver.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?