Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Remnants From Romans

      As my students enter the classroom they see foam blocks in the pathway to their seats. I watch as they recognize the blocks as impediments and step around them. No one asks me why they are on the floor. It isn't until we are reading Romans 10 that they start connecting the blocks to the stumbling stone that Christ represents to the Jews. I ask why they didn't step across the blocks and use them as stepping stones. This discussion brings us to other words that Paul uses to describe our connection to Christ.


Heir
Carnal
Foreknowledge
Election
Spiritual
Stumblingstone
Inheritance

7 Little Words that lead to more discussion of Romans 8-10



   To be a joint-heir with Christ is an awesome concept and one that we mortals find hard to comprehend but I tried to stress the wondrous invitation to become yoked to Christ and find in Him the strength to yearn for salvation.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?