Sunday, March 17, 2013

Miniature Garden

             Walter, the Gnome, is still alive and his garden is hanging in there. It has been 2 1/2 years since I planted my miniature home for this little guy. It came about because I was illustrating a scripture from Isaiah, read more here.


       I am glad my miniature is still alive and I find happiness looking for the tiny shell I put there, the tiny ladybug, and especially I love Walter's joyful surprised face.


“Once in those very early days my brother brought into the nursery the lid of a biscuit tin which he had covered with moss and garnished with twigs and flowers so as to make it a toy garden or a toy forest. That was the first beauty I ever knew. What the real garden had failed to do, the toy garden did. It made me aware of nature—not, indeed, as a storehouse of forms and colors but as something cool, dewy, fresh, exuberant….As long as I live my imagination of Paradise will retain something of my brother’s toy garden.” – C. S. Lewis,Surprised by Joy

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you won my book giveaway on my music blog!!

    Will you send me an email with your home address and the book will be mailed directly to you from the publisher! congrats!

    notesaboutmusicnotes (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?