Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Nutcracker Tradition

My tradition of taking grandchildren to the Nutcracker Ballet continued this year. I opted to go to the local community ballet. I was not disappointed. 


                      The venue was not ideal but the dancing, costuming, and special effects were great.


   My little ballerinas were with me for the first time. It was a long show and they were often distracted.
                    Next year they will remember and be more interested in the storyline.


      We had a knight along, due to last minute illness and he most enjoyed the sword fight between the
                                                              Rat King and the Nutcracker.


      I came to realize why I enjoy this ballet every year. It is the music of Tchaikovsky. When it starts to snow on stage, I get a wee bit weepy. And I am always thrilled to see the Christmas tree grow at the end of the second act.


              I thought the lobby set up was beautiful. The decorations and photo opps were lovely.


             Our Knight Alex may insist on being there from now on and I agree he was an asset to the whole experience. Thanks, Vanessa for being there, as always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?