- Sing the Old Testament Books out of the Children's Songbook. I would like them to be acquainted with the names and have an idea of the order of the Old Testament. Yesterday we decided there would be a prize for the person who could sing the song alone perfectly.
- Memorize several scriptures each month. So far Abraham 3:28 and Moses 6:7 are being recited each week. The Abraham scripture is used to evaluate how people are tested and how well they keep commandments. The Moses scripture will be ongoing to show the power of a repentant people and how they respond to each other.
- I use many open scriptures in their journal which they must close by finding the missing words.
You can find the journal prompts for each week here.
We loved popping up the city of Enoch. More about pop-ups here.
1. We search short verses and evaluate the information by drawing out differences and similarities. For example;
In these verses did the person obey, listen, or believe?
2. We search in the footnotes for added insights. For example next week we will look at the footnote for name in this verse.
analyze the reason for that.
I am always curious what skills I can teach. My students have never disappointed me in their abilities.
We do have fun. Last week we learned to listen and obey by learning to make a paper boat, Noah's boat was undecidedly more complicated.