Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Farm Stand

Today was a dreary, wet day after four glorious days of sun. I visited our neighborhood farm stand to lift my spirits. 


     Something about seeing fresh and preserved commodities makes me feel the need to be industrious.


     The fridge is always a surprise and wonder. Today there were eggs, milk gallons, and homemade cheese. Yes, the eggs are superior to even free range eggs at the store. The colors vary on the outside but inside the yolks are rich and very yellow.

 
      The owners of the farm work so very hard. They rarely get a day off. Passionate about raw and unprocessed dairy products, these farmers offer me a trusted product I look forward to eating.


                             My Thursday stash will make omelets, and hot chocolate. Yum!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?