Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lost? Stay In Your Own Lane



       The roof above the indoor pool is open to the sky. As I stroke and paddle my eyes take in the moving clouds. I feel like we are racing, these clouds and me. The water splashes over my head and runs into my eyes. I hate the sting of clorine so I keep one eye shut. Suddenly I'm conscious of another swimmer too close and I turn over to get a grip on where I am. "Stay in your own lane. You were lost in thought and feelings of tranquility." It feels like that on dry land sometimes. I wander in my own world and notice that I've strayed from the lane I set out to follow.  It is an odd feeling to be disoriented for those first minutes wondering where I am. I am glad to find myself and straighten my course.


I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully makes sense.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... such a wonderful description of such a common feeling! It's so easy for us to get caught up and stray a little too far. I enjoyed reading your FMF piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title of your post alone said so much. The post itself was extra. :-) Thank you. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?