Friday, October 31, 2014

Leave

This word prompt "leave" is a difficult word to write. My thoughts go back to times when I had to leave people I  desperately missed. My family comes to mind but also friends who changed me. I can remember the day we drove out of Provo. My friend Julie stayed to help put the last items in the moving van. I saw her tearful face in the rear window, standing on our lawn and my heart hurt. Never seeing her again was not real. I do see her still. The hurtful part was knowing a chapter of my life with her was over.


    We had growing experiences that are still useful and nurturing today. She helped bring about ideas and spiritual experiences rich and full. Some I have not experienced again. It happens that I call her sometimes to review how we did something back then. I inquire of her if my memory is accurate. She always concurs.
   A second thought brings me to the supper where Jesus closed his chapter of loving, tutoring, and expanding his disciples the apostles. Did his heart hurt? Did he look extra long into their faces? His famous last words were, "As I have loved you, love one another."


      Leaving is painful even when you will still have a relationship to rely on. Leaving means change and change is for sure.




I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, leaving is hard. I'm a transplant from the southeast to the mid-west...16 years and I still miss "home" Popping over from FMF. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that leaving and change can be hard. I can relate about being separated from friends, too. My dearest friend from high school has been living far from here for practically all of our adult lives. We've kept in touch, and I'm thankful for email, but I would love to be in the same room.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaving things behind can be quite traumatic. It takes time and perspective to be able to understand those lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leaving can be difficult, but sometimes blessings are waiting to be uncovered! Things may seem difficult to understand, but God has the best in store for us. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?