Monday, March 16, 2015

Art Journal or Creative Journal

     Art Journaling is very popular. When I post on Instagram I wonder if I should use #artjournal or #creativejournal?  What is the difference? I listened to a podcast by five artists. They tried to explain their views and find consensus.  Creative journaling is:


    Art journals are like small paintings. They are made to be shared and shown as art. I have been making art as I read the Book of Mormon. My journal is full of sketches to remind me of important principles  and extraordinary scripture verses.
 

    I like to use the word "art journal". But my process is certainly a learning and healing process. Perhaps differentiating is not vital. Whatever it is called it brings me joy.


5 comments:

  1. This is awesome ❤ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome ❤ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you Michelle. I appreciate you dropping by to say hello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been seeing all kinds of art journaling as well. People are SO creative. I love your journal above!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesa,
    Thank-you so much. I am so happy to read your blog and your book reviews, especially.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?