Friday, May 15, 2015

Follow

   As each needle slides delicately into my skin the warm energy begins to move more freely. I choose to follow the movement by relaxing deeper. The choice is mine but the freedom is new. Muscles relax in places I've never noticed. Each release follows the warm energy making a pathway through every limb and every organ. My acupuncturist holds in her hands healing from frustration, sorrow, and the effort of holding myself together for one more week.


   I walk out of her treatment room totally accepting of my body and soul. I gifted her this painting Wednesday. She was grateful and placed it on a bookcase. With the soft sound of Erik Satie"s Gymnopodie floating between the gurgling of her rock fountain I left something behind that I had created. It seemed at home there.


   
I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sense of healing that this piece conveys; the relaxation in the energy that flows through the needles and through your body and your soul. And I love that line that the painting you created and left behind, "seemed at home there."

    Thank you for sharing your words today <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your piece! And what a beautiful piece of art! So soothing and with such movement in it, just beautiful. I've been finding similar relief with my pranic healer...she's a miracle worker, I tell you.....a veritable miracle worker!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?