Friday, September 18, 2015

Celebrate

    When I write every Friday with the Five Minute Friday gang I don't read others posts until my post is finished. The word prompt percolates in my head until I can respond in a honest way. Celebrate is a word that is weighted with action. I visualize entertaining, cooking and cleaning. I feel bad about that. Surely there is more to celebrate. What if the little acts I do are also a from of celebration. Like driving to the water this morning to celebrate the light.

           The path is not left or right, but towards the light      


      Or feeling the Holy Spirit whisper that I am loved. I need to celebrate when I actually hear the music. Life is so much more than learning what to do and when. 


You can learn all the dance steps correctly but if you don't hear the music you can't really dance.


I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to celebrate the small, everyday moments more. It's easy to let life get in the way of noticing all there is to be thankful for.... Thanks for your thoughts! (Visiting from FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabriele, "..if you don't hear the music you can't really dance"....I'm absolutely in agreement....we can't dance creatively/practically if we're not in that place where our soul is stimulated because we won't ever reach that magic place called 'flow'. Loved your response. Have a great weekend! [I sent you an email about a Brene Brown event that will be live streamed.....to the email address you leave with your comments; hope you don't mind me pulling it from your comment]. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?