Friday, February 19, 2016

Forget

"Yea, then is the time that they do harden their hearts, and do forget the Lord their God, and do trample under their feet the Holy One- yea, and this because of their ease, and their exceedingly great prosperity."
Helaman 12:2


     Years ago, in a college classroom hallway, on a Saturday afternoon, with just a small sun particulating through the higher up window, I knelt in prayer. I was sure of feeling guilt because of my distance to my Heavenly Father. I had forgotten him. With shyness, I petitioned. While I writhed with contrition, He flooded me with love. How did he do that? Tears of regret streamed done my face. All this time, He had been waiting. While I was working things out for myself, He had been waiting. While I was feeling smug with confidence, He had been waiting. Why did I forget?




  I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I've forgotten Him too. I'm so grateful He doesn't forget us. I'm glad I linked up with you at #FMF. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your remembrances of Rachel, this morning.

      Delete
  2. Hi, first of all I love your blog! It is really neat looking. I am visiting you from fmf and I just love what you wrote for this weeks prompt on forget. Thank you for sharing such an honest and personal experience with us. Isn't God just amazing at the places where He meets us? God bless you, ~Shannan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you, Shannon. I liked the questions you asked about the connection between forgetting and forgiving.

      Delete
  3. I think it's something we all battle isn't it? Forgetting just who God is. Let's work together in remembering him. (#38 on FMF)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your words this morning. I will work on remembering him, everyday. It is my covenant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My post was on similar lines. I love that God waits for us to remember him, that he doesn't give up on us and that he never forgets us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why does it seem so easy to want to be the one in control?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely lie that makes us feel that we are alright.

      Delete
  7. You can write such beauty with so few words. I must learn to do that one day. Beautiful, Gabriele.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, shucks, Debby, you already write with beauty.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the reminder that God is always waiting, I so often forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very thankful for God's grace. It is so very comforting to know that He never gives up on us, isn't it? Be blessed.

    Lynette
    ~#89 on linkup

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?