Friday, March 4, 2016

News

Take a deep breath

The news might just stop your ability to breathe. There is the presidential hoopla, gasp, the monetary crisis, gasp, the change of climate prognosis, gasp, the health scares all around, and I gasp for breath. The news is taking my breath away. 




As I sit in mediation each morning, I think of other news. 

I breathe in hope

I gather all that I know of Jesus Christ and breathe in his good news.

I breathe out faith

I let go of my own fears and expectations and surrender to my faith in him.

I hold charity

I hold the exhale and let the word charity, the pure love of Christ, stay suspended for a brief second, thinking on that more excellent way, praying that I might have that gift today.


It works, most days, and holds the bad news at bay.



  I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful illustration of what it looks like to cling to God rather than our circumstances. Stopping in from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much bad news out there so it is important to hold on to the good news of Jesus. I like your focus on breathing in hope and breathing out faith and charity. It's good to take time to slow down and remember these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive really been reflecting on my need to be in control in my life, but Gid is leading me to see that He is ultimately the one in control. Thanks for sharing your morning meditations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is so sweet. In my prayer and meditation this morning I asked God to breathe on me. I was thinking about how in Genesis, God spoke and the world was framed. He created it all with His Word... until He got to man which He formed with His Hand. Then stopped and breathed into him. We need God's breath on us and in us. Thank you for reminding me to breathe.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?