Friday, April 15, 2016

The Easy Way


Sometimes the easy way is just letting my emotions walk all over my sensitive spirit

I feel scared, I feel rejected, I feel lonely, I feel small, I feel unmotivated, I feel despair. I feel and feel and feel.

Sitting with these oversized emotions is not easy. How easy would it be to off-load them onto another human being. 
You made me do it. You are to blame. You need to change. You need to help me.




    The harder path is to sit with them, quietly. Let the emotions play out on the stage of my mind without attachment. I am not my emotions. They come and, blessedly, they go.  My spirit can be spacious enough to hold these walking boots until they melt into the soft moccasins which carry me through this mortal life. 

I feel Him whisper that I have been so wrong. The easeful way is through Him. Let him abide in me.



  I write on Fridays with a large group who inspire me. Only five minutes and without much thought to perfection. I write, prompted by one word that sends my thoughts to the keyboard and hopefully make sense.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for these words. They are exactly what I am feeling right now, and what I need!I love the metaphor of the emotions shifting from boots to moccasins. Yes, I want them to be subtle and comforting as well!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I read your post. I'm glad my words helped.

      Delete
  2. I'm an emotional person too! I've had to learn to abide in him too! Over in the #6 spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this! I constantly must remember that my feelings do not rule me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia, how nice for you to say. Remember, remember, I have that as a constant.

      Delete
  4. Your writing is beautiful here and I love the photo of the giant boots! It is easy to let emotions overwhelm us or hold other people responsible for them. Far better to take them to God!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gabriele, love this. Such a good description of learning to live in this way. Have a lovely moccasin-ed weekend....Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?