Friday, June 24, 2016

Into His Rest

Into His rest
Freed from all doubt
Heart open now, from inside out.

Into his rest,
Nothing to hide
I come to Him, arms open wide.


Photo by Gregg Erickson


  The beauty in this photograph is only a few minutes from my home. Isn't the sky magnificent?  If the sky represented God's mind I wish that the water would represent my mind. To reflect back what I feel from the presence of God would be just as sublime as this image.
   Each day I wrestle with my Natural Mind, the ways of thinking that I have gathered in over the last 60 years which encompass fears, frustrations, and negative views of my reality. But I am finding refuge in my Spiritual Mind. Rest from these ways of thinking comes from spending some minutes every day in meditative prayer. Just like on the Sabbath Day when I rest from my normal everyday labors, these minutes in contemplative prayer provide a rest; a practice of rest from my Natural Mind.
   Dear reader, I am so very new to this practice. I speak as if I know something but in reality I know very little. Nevertheless, I have felt His Presence, and it has given me incredible comfort.

"For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
   Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the example of unbelief."
                                              Hebrews 4:10-11





             June is a month to be more mindful of God.
              You can read more about my Year of Mindfulness here.

                           

   I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday Group for two years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share their work. Would you like to join? 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! Thank you for sharing. I so enjoyed the poem you started with. Lucky you that you live so close to such a beautiful place! Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is beautiful, and I love the idea that as we spend time in the presence of God we can reflect it to others.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?