Friday, August 12, 2016

Lift

Each morning when I lift my head off the pillow I choose. There was a time when a rush of dread accompanied the lifting of the head. Weight from some unknown source rested on my heart. Struggling to get through the simplest acts, I walked in darkness for many months. I quite literally had to walk it off. It started with my older children taking turns walking with me. But as the days went by I finally reached the point when I trusted that I would go alone.
In my struggle there was celebration. I think about that time often. Choosing seemed to be beyond my control. When I finally walked far enough and turned to come home I regained my will to choose joy. 




Lifting my head and choosing joy is small act with stupendous consequences. 

"But thou, oh Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the One who lifts my head."

Psalms 3;3



   
I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday Group for two years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share their work. Would you like to join? 





4 comments:

  1. I love this-- "Lifting my head and choosing joy is small act with stupendous consequences. " And I love that you were able to get out and walk with your daughters' being there alongside you. These are small acts of heroism on all your parts. Blessings to you! Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the last line is great, and I love the Bible verse you included. I'm glad you were able to reach the point of lifting your head and choosing joy again, and that you had people to walk with you through the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever grow up, I want to be like you. Awesome post.

    #2 at FMF this week.

    http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2016/08/your-dying-spouse-192-ki-to-lift-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?