Monday, April 24, 2017

Nurturing Reality- Problem Solving

I would always choose a life without problems

       Friday started out to be a glorious day. I wanted to see the sunrise. As the light was just coming over the horizon I jumped out of the car to catch the glow on camera. After some minutes of feeling nurtured I returned to the car to find the keys locked inside. I think I walked around the car three times before I allowed reality to fully permiate my mind. 

         

I am nurturing reality this month. What a perfect  exercise. Too far to walk home, I called my daughter for a ride. She was not thrilled to be a awakened at 6:00 am. Once back home I started problem solving. I could call AAA and renew my membership and then they would come unlock my car. But, earlier in the week my account was hacked at Amazon and so I canceled my credit card. I called my husband to get the info on his card but he was not available for a while. I was curious how my mind kept going to the place of not believing that this happened. A wash of shame interfered with my ability to take the next step. How could I let this happen? Eventually all resolved itself and to my shock it was only 8:00 am. In a short amount of time the world was right again. The perception of my reality changed several times in two hours. 

Can I nurture the resilient spirit within me to stay centered on what is now and let go the craving for all to be well?








To go to the overview of My Year of Nurturing click here.

1 comment:

  1. When I find things like this happening in my life I am very hard on myself, much harder than I would be on someone else. That was a lesson I learned in our self-compassion class. Good thing you were using your phone as a camera!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?