Friday, June 16, 2017

Worth

Are people who agree with our world view of more worth to us?

My Christian heart says "of course not!" But, in truth, I find that friends, family, and strangers who see things differently challenge my trust in them. Will I be rejected if I say what I feel is really important to me? Is being right more important than seeing worth in the soul?  



   
I know that I have sins which weigh me down yet I often feel the love of God when I am not worthy. I have learned, through the spirit, that I am always worthy of love and belonging, always. Can I extend that knowledge to others? Even those who try my patience or revile my approach towards them? I hope to keep my heart open to see others as He sees them. 


As the Good Shepherd, Jesus Christ views disease in His sheep as a condition that needs treatment, care and compassion.
Elder Dale G. Renlund



 I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful illustration for the prompt! I'm an artist and writer too. #30 at this week's FMF post. Good to meet you here! sarahgeringer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you for visiting, Sarah. I enjoyed your post, as well.

      Delete
  2. It is a challenge to keep loving when people think differently from us and don't see us as worthy or treat us in that way because of the differences in opinion. It's so important to hold on to the fact that God always sees us as valuable and that he sees other in the same way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, it is important and we can conciously do so.

      Delete
  3. This is encouraging. I connect with all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great perspective with this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself drawn to those who share my world view. I think it is easier because it does not cause discomfort for me, and yet at another level I want to aspire for more. Your artwork is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?