Friday, December 15, 2017

Different

Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret. 

Don Miguel Ruiz

My husband tells the story of when he was taking a philosophy class in college and the awful truth first hit him. Descartes did not think like him, at all.
If we all think differently and see the world differently how can we possibly understand each other?


  Always assume others are doing their best. What? Can that possibly be true? If that statement is hard to believe of others then we probably don't believe it of ourselves. But, think of the freedom this idea brings to our relationships. If I believe I am doing my best and I believe you are too, then I will be at peace with my actions and be more at peace with yours. 

Do you need a good book this holiday season? Take a peek at my new novel Rubato, a musical mystery involving a dead piano teacher. Yikes, I'm a piano teacher. No, this is not a biography.


 



I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for more than three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

3 comments:

  1. I'm learning to assume positive intention in others - because, as you say, it helps me assume that same intention in myself. I do think we're more alike than different... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thinking the best of others and ourselves does make a big difference. I'll need to catch up on your novel over the holidays when I have a bit more time- I enjoyed the first two chapters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I confess, I'm a horrible skeptic. Perhaps if I turn it around on myself as you suggest I can improve. You bring deeper thoughts to the conversation, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?