Friday, December 1, 2017

Near

                         Christmas Is Near


        Yesterday I took an unexpected trip to Target. The nearness of certain events caught my attention. My favorite celebration of the birth of my Savior invites me to bring more light into my life and the life of others.
  



   And then there is special birth coming of my 19th grandchild, a boy who has been desired for nine years. His two siblings asked for a brother or sister, with hope, countless times. It seemed like it was not to be. But, unexpectedly he made his presence known and he is due just before Christmas. The box of diapers and sweet pastel rompers sitting on my table make me feel a wee bit giddy. I'm so  grateful for births and new hope in a better tomorrow.


 







I have been writing with the Five Minute Friday group for more than three years and I really enjoy the talented writers who share themselves each week.

5 comments:

  1. That's exciting news! I didn't realise you had so many grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the upcoming arrival!

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2017/11/your-dying-spouse-412-ugly-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a nice Advent gift! Congratulations! May you have a blessed Advent season!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?