Friday, January 26, 2018

Surrender

Windows and Mirrors
Reflection and Light
One borrowed image
The other pure sight






Sixty-four years ago I surprised my parents by arriving twelve years after their three boys. I was a big deal. They surrendered to starting over with diapers and sleepless nights. The novelty wore off, but I must say they loved me very much. They have both passed from this world but I think about them all the time. Forty three years of making decisions in a war torn country made a safe place for me to arrive. My brothers survived the war as children and they tease me by saying I waited until the war was over to make an entrance. What they did before I was born impacted my while life. I hope that some of the things I have done since they have passed make that kind of an impact on my posterity.

You are within us
We carry your light
To vistas, extended
Beyond present sight.

And, I thank-you for reading some of my mystery novel, Rubato. Judith makes a decision which, upon reflection, changes the lives of others, not for the better.





4 comments:

  1. Wow thank you for this personal story! My husband's parents kids were spaced out too. So glad to find you over at FMF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice to read more of your story. I'm sure your parents surrounded you with love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the photo and learning more about your family. It's important to remember that our decisions about surrender can have a lasting impact on others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of your family and your story. I am 11 years behind my oldest sibling. I was a ok our kids are all in school and we gave away the baby stuff baby. Thank you for sharing and linking to the FMF this week

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?