Friday, April 6, 2018

Release

 A great feeling of dread enveloped Judith’s first waking thoughts. What was she dreading? Did she make a serious mistake in removing the autograph manuscript from The Liszt Museum? Should she have presented it to the director that very day?

My head is very wrapped up in my novel. I am doing editing,  again. When I saw the prompt for this morning's writing I thought of my main character, Judith. She did not release. She held on tightly even when her conscience told her to let go. Wanting something is very dangerous when it clouds your moral code.


“Can I keep these a while? She did give them to me.”
Stevie looked with compassion at this woman who cared very much for her colleague and friend. She explained that the book and music autograph would now go into the custody of the police department and be instrumental in convicting ....................... of murder. 
“We can’t keep them, even overnight. I learned that lesson.” Stevie said very seriously, trying to comfort herself as much as Linda. “The autographs have an indefinite future, as well as Judith’s book. We can monitor their safety but the prosecutor will make decisions about when they will be released and who will receive them.”
  “Can I show my son the pictures?”
  “I won’t tell. How is Jon?” Stevie remembered the young man from the first day. 
 “He was a little freaked out. We talk about it often. It still all seems a little unbelievable.” Linda handed Stevie the box.
 “Are you disappointed in Judith?” Stevie asked.
    “Disappointed? In her decisions? Maybe, but I learned so much from her about music. I am more resolved to be an inspired musician because of Judith.”

   Can't give everything away, but you can read the whole book online for a limited time for free.
*******************************************************
On an island in the Pacific Northwest a piano teacher is found dead and a lost autograph manuscript of Franz Liszt is discovered. Who wanted that document enough to kill? 










2 comments:

  1. Your book sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed with how much work you've put into this book, and of course I love the musical theme!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?