The weeks that I take a vacation from my normal life of being a piano teacher, I do things a bit differently.
- I cook and have dinner at a reasonable time
- I go out around town during the hours of 3:00pm and 6:30pm
- My husband can sit down in the living room during the afternoon
- I don't look for inexpensive rewards at dollar stores
- I stop vacuuming the living room everyday
- The piano gets dusty
- The stacks of music get put away on the piano
By the time my vacation weeks are up I long for the routines I have during the year. I long to greet little faces at my door and I long to hear their music.
To vacate our routines is healthy and creates a longing for the life of normal, the life of everyday.