Friday, August 31, 2018

Rush

Sometimes You Are Forced To Go Slow

For one month I've been forced to go slow, very slow. Sitting on the couch and looking out the window is becoming very tedious. Rushing is impossible. I am physically limited for a time.



  I'm learning that the natural world is actually very slow. Slow but steady. The rising sun can take forever to come over a mountain. The intensity, once it is over the hill, can be blinding so the slow warm up makes an important contrast. It teaches me to see and feel the process and appreciate the moment of rising.
  Very soon I will be back into the rush. Initially I will love moving quicker and I'm sure I will feel empowered by getting back to normal. But, I hope I remember the long slow days. I had time to figure a few things out. 


3 comments:

  1. Swolf98070@gmail.comAugust 31, 2018 at 8:38 AM

    Breathing fully and slowly, viewing God's beautiful world, appreciating every bite of food, every smile -what a gift. Here on a farm in Seqium, eating fresh veggies from a garden, enjoying sea breezes, watching sailboats racing weekly, and good company feels like heaven. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back at FMF, Gabriele, and I hope your recovery is going well! I know what you mean that the extended times of slow can be frustrating but that there are also blessings in having the time to stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful when God gives unexpected blessings during recovery. I'm sure they will be lessons that you keep with you.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?