Friday, November 2, 2018

Repeat

Some things get easier when you repeat

I was scrolling through Instagram this morning to see what I was doing a year ago today. I was pleased to see that I am repeating my actions from last year. I am writing. Last year daring to take the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge seemed a little audacious. But I carefully added up all the words in my book. That book has gone through several edits and is done, as done as it needs to be at the moment.




   Today is day two of another NaNoWriMo. This year I am writing a sequel. This is a story of a young boy who is obsessed with the music of Erik Satie and wire walking. How did these two loves come together? The answer to that question is no stranger than what caused him to tumble from a 60 foot wire in the middle of his little town. It is dangerous to show you unedited work but here is a little peek at the first few chapters. 





  It feels great to know that I've tried and succeeded once and perhaps this novel will work as I repeat this lengthy process.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels like ages since I've been here! I've missed my visits, but I will be back into blogging and visiting more regularly now it's November! That's amazing that you're taking on the NaNoWriMo challenge again- hope it is a productive month of writing for you!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?