Friday, December 21, 2018

With

With Wondering Awe



I can't believe it was 21 days ago that we started this month of expectations and celebrations. This has been a month of some sadnesses. Nothing life changing. Nonetheless, I have cried a bit that I couldn't make Christmas magical enough for those I love. I am under the delusion that what I do makes a big difference. So, with wondering awe I am brought to my knees, again, to realize that the only being who makes a monumental difference is Jesus Christ.

If I haven't pointed my friends and family towards him then I've really missed the Christmas magic entirely. 


My paper whites are about to bloom and I'm anticipating their fragrance. My love for my Savior is blooming on this dark winter day, the shortest day of the year with the promise of more daylight ahead, everyday.


1 comment:

  1. It's too easy to feel it all depends on us and that we need to make others happy. Such a relief to recognise that Christmas is about Jesus, not about what we do. As you say that's the real magic. Praying you know him with you this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?